Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sometimes Men Disgust Me

Rant posted to Twitter:

"ANOTHER effing male I know started on Facebook chat to tell me that I'm gorgeous and sexy and I should take sexy pics of myself for him except this time he's a guy I knew barely back in high school who has grown up LDS is now in Provo, unemployeed while his exWife is  is in Colorado raising their two little girls. But REALLY what kind of 'man of God' treats a woman of any theology thus?!?! Argh!!! I felt so cheap even tho I hadn't done anything to provoke him. I even told him about being interested in someone else!! WTF?!  I mean I can't stand that there are men this disgusting out there trying to pass off that they are in His grace or truely don't think that what they are doing is wrong, rude and completely disrespectful. I'm going to post the convo somewhere private for discussion but  I dont feel that I'm over reacting. It's just not the first time I've had to deal with this bullhooey on Facebook but since Ive met such beautiful LDS people online, it really upsets me that this guy had the gall to treat me thus. So @reply or DM if you want #endrant"*
*Spelling errors corrected


I think what makes me the most angry is that this isn't the first time a guy I used to know in high school or college has talked and treated me this way via Facebook chat...

Feel free discuss this in the comments after the cut
Also keep in mind that I was chatting on Facebook via my iTouch since I have wireless at my house and had not yet tried it. There are many spelling errors and lag in my response.

Facebook Convo:
Rich
Hey
1:28pmMe
Hiya
1:29pmRich
How are you doing cutie?
1:32pmMe
Not t bad, just made the rockin adult lunch of mac n cheese
1:32pmRich
Nice.
Best food ever.
1:32pmMe
So close to true lol
1:33pmRich
So whatcha been up to?
It says on your relationship status that you its complicated with kacey
1:34pmMe
Trying finish school, praying after applying to my dream job, busy like craz
1:35pmRich
Awesome.
You are gorgeous by the way.
1:36pmMe
She's my best college friend and we both love Disney and DCOM but since the real Demi and Selena are rumoured to not be bestows anymore we put it up as a joke
1:36pmRich
Oh okay.
1:39pmRich
You have got some hot pics in your facebook.
1:39pmMe
I am currenly single but in love with someone who hasn't been ready the 'whole 2 years' I've known him but if I get this job and can find an affordable way to move to Denver THEN I'll tell him how I feel
Before that it is really a moot point
1:40pmRich
Okay.
1:41pmMe
I'm basically happy to be single, its lonely but I'm too sexual to try anything loose and I'm not going to settle down in effing Greeley CO ... So the only way I van keep
my promises to myself and such is to stay single heh but I'm so sick of this town lol
Stupid college rules of actually grauating to get your degree lol
1:42pmRich
I know.
So you get wild huh?
So you are sexual.
1:44pmMe
Every girl is, if they say they are not they are lying
1:45pmRich
I am wondering, have you ever taken really sexy pics of yourself cutie
1:45pmMe
It's how God garunteed the survival of our race
1:45pmRich
true
Do you have sexy pics of yourself
1:45pmMe
It was the men who built the double standard
No I don't believe in them
1:46pmRich
You don't believe in sexy pics.
1:46pmMe
Not outside monogamy
1:47pmRich
Oh because you said you were sexual so I was just wondering, because I would love to see that, I have always thought you had a sexy body.
1:47pmMe
Otherwise both parties are either using abusing or lying to themselves
1:47pmRich
Oh okay.
1:47pmMe
Sexually expressive.
1:48pmRich
I wish I was there in Colorado.
So I can show how sexually expressive I am, lol
1:48pmMe
I don't hide who I am behind society's expectation
I don't believe that
1:48pmRich
You don't believe what?
1:48pmMe
You want to stay close to your girls
To prove to them you love them beyond any drama between you and your ex
1:49pmRich
You don't believe that I want to stay close to my girls that are in colorado
1:49pmMe
They are in CO?
1:50pmRich
Yep.
1:50pmMe
Then why aren't you here?
1:50pmRich
I wish you did have some sexy pics of yourself.
I did not have anywhere else to go.
1:51pmMe
If you want to talk to me then you won't sexualize me without my permission, I don't do bullshit
What do you mean?
1:51pmRich
I am sorryl.
1:51pmMe
'no where else to go?'
1:51pmRich
I did not have anywhere else to live.
I am sorry for talking to you like that.
1:51pmMe
Don't you have family out here?
1:52pmRich
Not really.
1:53pmMe
Did everyone peace out after high schoolers left the nest?
1:53pmRich
Yeppersa.
1:55pmMe
Well I don't have any background in the Mormon religion other than what I've learned through friends but in general have you sought help? Like disablility?
1:55pmRich
Nope.
1:55pmMe
Or unemployment?
Etc...
[Rich is offline] 1:59pm

*then he went off line

He said he was sorry but I don't believe him...
If you had seen his Facebook status' in the last month on trying to fix his life and going down the right path to earn back his wife or at minimum is kids... Also this is not the first time Rich has started a convo with my online with a pet name but as you see from my Twitter I am not un-busy so I generally am never on for long...
Ugh!
Anyways, please discuss:

3 comments:

  1. Oh right::
    & on the Bradley side of things, I've written him two "anon" posts on Letters to Crushes... But that is not for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demi,
    I can't believe that he actually tried to get you to show sexy pictures of yourself. I'm stunned,not really that he would try to do that. I can't believe that some guys are pigs like that. I also can't believe that he wouldn't leave the topic alone after you told him you were interested in someone else... apparently his hint clock needs to be fixed.

    On a pleasant note, I liked the way you describe your complicated relationship with Kacey. It was way uber fabulous ;)

    Hope your day turned out to be rockin, and that today turned out to be rockin.

    xoxoxo
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew. guys can be such pigs, no matter what their religion is.

    ReplyDelete