Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Aftermath.

I am feeling better. Kinda.
I can sleep through the night. Mostly.

Most who know me know my love for the musical, Spring Awakening.

The ironic part is that the sexual assult occured the night before I saw Spring Awakening for the first time. And although I had listened to the original Broadway cast recording (aka soundtrack), seeing the Dark I Know Well performed live was... well I don't know the words to describe it.


The lyircs "I dont scream, though I know is wrong | I just play along | I lie there and breathe | Lie there and breathe | I wanna be strong | I want the world to find out" are exactly how I felt that night.

It is already 10 days later.
I saw Spring Awakening 3 times while it was in Denver.
Every time, the show shook me emotionally.

But at the same time it gave me strength.

After a talking out what happened with a manager at work.

And keeping my drinking promise.

And taking it one day at a time.

I am feeling better.

But I will say one thing, escapism therapy does help.

Hopefully I'll be able gather the courage to tell Doug how I feel soon.

I really trust him.

I want to tell him.

I want his strength in my life.

Who knows. Well I know He knows.
Someday I may too,

No comments:

Post a Comment